Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Some new screenies

I've completely reworked Spain and built out France as a complete nation.  This was needed to support the new supply network, otherwise French troops ran out of supplies very quickly and were easily defeated by well supplied Spanish troops.


Here are some screenies:


This shows the new peak layer which was surprisingly difficult to do. After trying various overlay techniques, I found that cloning the mountain layer to another layer with a bluish white overlay and a large bluish white outer glow provided the best effect.  I also had to darken the mountains a bit to provide enough contrast.

 This shows the peaks in the Alps.

 Zoomed out view of France showing the large rail network and cities.

This is zoomed in a bit more to show the new look of the rail.  Finally was able to get a double rail look by using a 5 pixel line followed by a 2 pixel eraser.  The ties are a custom brush that had to be recreated after my hard drive disaster wiped out all of my photoshop brushes.  Finally realized to take notes on all these effects and save off custom brushes as separate files so I can recover them next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment